Life Support is an artistic initiative to engage the addiction and recovery community on the themes of addiction, loss, and recovery.
Supporting the Living
Proceeds from the art sales will go towards the artists, and to support SRWC–allowing us to continue to offer group and individual counselling for individuals and families affected by substance use disorder.
Remembering the Lost
Being involved in illicit drug or heavy alcohol use has always been dangerous. But now, as the drug poisoning epidemic continues across North America, more people than ever are touched, directly or indirectly, by the loss of loved ones to substance-use related health problems, including drug poisonings and suicide. You can sponsor a name to be read at the opening ceremonies, as we take time to remember and honour the people we have lost (in any way).
Being an Artist
- Open to painters, sculptors, sketchers, illustrators, doodlers, assemblage artists, photographers, fabric artists, potters, printmakers, performance artists, musicians, song writers, poets, and more!
- Artists of every medium and skill level are welcome to submit your work.
- Everything you need to know and more is in the Submissions Kit: Life-Support-Submissions-Kit.pdf
- If you have any questions, please talk to Kathleen, firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-615-5503, or Gord, ERP@straphaelcentre.ca, or 204-956-6650 ext 111
Being a Supporter
- If you would like to spread the word about the Call for Artists, please download and share the poster.
- If you would like to spread the word about the event, you can use this page, or the Facebook events page. Event posters will be available soon.
- If there are other ways you are interested in helping out, through volunteering or donations, please feel free to get in touch with Kathleen or Gord.